It has been touted that the drone services industry will top $20 billion in 2017.
- What does that mean to you?
- How are you going to get a share of that money?
One area of expansive growth is that of the real estate aerial photography market. In this article I will discuss some real issues that you need to know and outline some proven ways to get your first clients.
The key lesson here is to bring more to the table than just a drone with a camera and a Mac Book.
First, It is better to market yourself before you can claim to market others. Here you have some tips on how to do it:
- You need to develop proficiency in developing a video that tells a story.
Develop your skills in editing and production. Learn how to use Photoshop and push your basic editing tools like iMovie to the max before getting wrapped up in the complex and expensive tools like Final Cut and Premiere. Be proficient and nimble.
- Be a marketing resource to your Realtors
I even assist in the management of some of their Facebook pages to help drive the demand that my video should be bringing. Utilize real marketing skills to and work to be more than just a photo taker on using a RC controller.
- Get to know best practices
Know what others are doing that you are not. Do those things plus more and communicate that to your clients.
- Expand into other commercial area of drone-based services like Mapping & Surveys. Stay tuned for my write-up on using mapping software on projects.
Now lets talk pricing: